Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film, we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As the Asset Supervisor, you will work closely with the Head of Computer Graphics, Art Director and the Production Manager to identify potential strategies, assess technical options and evaluate production schedules. The strength of your creative eye, excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills are all highly regarded by your peers. You provide confidence to production to ensure that your team has absolute clarity in terms of professionalism and asset delivery. You will participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Preproduction and Production.
We are looking for you to start working as soon as possible - throughout the end of asset production which is estimated by April 2020.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria
Equipped with a hands-on-mentality, you will conduct the creation of all the assets (environments, characters, costumes, props, etc.) including the building up of topology, textures, shading and animation rigs.
- Teamwork is a virtue. You will lead a marvelous team of artists to craft amazing landscapes and characters that meet the technical and aesthetic requirements of the project.
- Characters have a very strong defined style, you will be ensuring, working closely with the rigging supervisor, that the final production ready model will certainly respect the soul established in the sculpted designs.
- You will shape and supervise an Asset Team composed of modelers, texture painters and look development artists in the production of extensive open hair sets, providing both artistic and technical mentorship.
- Environments are an essential part of any production. In this position, you will be directly responsible for ensuring disciplines of scene assembly, layout and set dressing.
- Troubleshooting is an attitude, assisting your team in specific modeling/texturing/surfacing tasks including fixing errors will greatly reinforce your leadership
- You will work closely with the Pipeline, Rigging, Layout and Lighting supervisor to guarantee the smooth transition of the assets to the following stages of production.
- You will cooperate with the production manager in planning, estimating and scheduling the 3D content creation
- You review the 3D content of the artists and manage their related tasks
- The asset supervisor will be responsible for planning, estimating and scheduling of 3D content under a compactly defined time-frame
- As a decision maker, you will assess the implementation of certain assets and find efficient solutions according to the standards of the show
- You will communicate with other departments (layout, animation, rendering) in order to ensure smooth workflows
- For the open position as Environment Supervisor, you will bring
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world, architecture, and anatomy
- Good sense for creating and assessing a very stylized design
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 3 years
- Strong leadership skills with a solution-driven mindset
- Deep understanding of technical needs to define the production requirements
- Experience in production of environment and characters is required
- Experience in procedural modeling and scene optimization is a big plus
- Proven technical knowledge of Maya is mandatory
- Proven technical knowledge of Houdini is a big plus
- Deep understanding of the relevance of the asset department to ensure a smooth production workflow is crucial
- Ability to delegate and empower your team
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
The collective agreement for advertising and market communication is applied. Salary based on experience.
Because of the numerous applications we receive, you will be contacted only in case of a positive selection.
Please note that we can only consider applications from talents from the EU or with EU working permit which are willing to relocate and work on site.