Look Dev / Lighting Artist
Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. In order to achieve this, we have a team of artists, technicians, coordinators, and administrators.
As Look-Dev & Lighting artist you will be responsible for the final look of 3D characters and environments, as well as scene assembly, lighting, and rendering of elements required to complete the shots.
We are looking for you to start working from August/September, until mid of 2021.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria.
- Exhibit artistic and technical skills to work on many aspects of CG shots
- Look Development, Lighting, and Rendering of CG assets and scenes
- Set up flexible and efficient shader and rendering setups
- Assist with developing the look of a sequence with the supervision team
- Complete high-quality work on time and to specification
For the open position as a LookDev/Lighter, you will bring
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 2 years
- Showreel demonstrating your experience in lighting and look development
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols
- Experience using production renders (e.g. Mantra, Arnold, etc.)
- Basic understanding of compositing using Nuke or similar
- Production experience with Houdini is a plus
- Strong artistic sense for colors, light, and composition
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- You are an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide and accept direct feedback and guidance
- Highly creative and detail-oriented
- Capability to work with minimum supervision and ability to handle challenges
- Ability to quickly switch between activities
- Ability to keep control under pressure
- Ability to work well within a team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
The collective agreement for advertising and market communication is applied. Salary based on experience.
Because of the numerous applications we receive, you will be contacted only in case of a positive selection.
Please note that we can only consider applications from talents from the EU or with EU working permits which are willing to relocate and work on-site.