Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As the CG Supervisor you will work closely with the Head of Computer Graphics and Production Manager to identify potential strategies, assess technical options and evaluate production schedules. You participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Preproduction and Production.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria - the world’s most liveable city.
You are able to evaluate all the assets already available in pre-production and to finalize the production needs, verifying fidelity and level of detail of the designs and verifying technical usability
You are curious and communication talent. You like to explore and establish workflows to be in use during the production phase:
- The best appliance for each department from asset to rendering
- Define a framework for the interdepartmental communication and process implementation
Your heart beats for setting quality standards for the characters in terms of visual look, rigging functionalities, hair/fur, and cloth dynamics behavior and style, in teamwork with the Character Supervisor.
You responsibly prototype and evaluate the environment as regards of dimension and complexity, usability during the layout phase and later phases and methodologies to migrate from proxies to final assets, in collaboration with the Environment Supervisor.
We appreciate your reliability. You set and assure quality for the crowd, e g. technology, animation methods, the density of the agents, the complexity of the interactions and rendering methodologies.
For the open position as a CG supervisor, you will bring
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 3 years
- Strong leadership skills with a solution-driven mindset
- The ability to design workflows and handle the complexity
- Deep understanding of the technical needs to define the production requirements
- A technology-driven mindset in order to allow the artists to focus on their artistic work
- Experience in production with fur and cloth is required
- Proven technical knowledge of Maya and Houdini is a benefit
- Deep understanding of the relevance of the asset department to ensure a smooth production workflow is a high advantage
- Ability to delegate and empower your team
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and respectful feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Because of the numerous applications we receive, you will be contacted only in case of a positive selection.
Please note that we can only consider applications from talents from the EU or with EU working permits which are willing to relocate and work on-site.