Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film, we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As the Character Modeler, you will work closely with the Art Director and CG supervisor to create outstanding human and animal characters that meet the quality standard of our animated CG movie.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria.
- Equipped with a hands-on-mentality, you will conduct the creation of expressive characters, including the building up of topology, textures, and shading.
- Create top-quality humanoid and animal models including textures is your topmost priority
- Teamwork is a virtue. You will work with a marvelous team of artists and you will be responsible to craft integrated creature implementations that meet the technical and aesthetic requirements of the project
- Making sure that the topology you’ve just defined, perfectly fits the animation needs, is as important for you as it will be for the rigging department
- For the open position as a Character Modeler, you will bring
- Good spatial skills and a great sense of color and proportion is a must have
- Capability to adapt to different styles should be part of your skillset
- Experience in production of characters is required
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 1 years
- Experience in character grooming is a big plus
- Sculpting experience if highly valued
- Proven technical knowledge of Autodesk Maya and Substance Painter is required, knowledge of Houdini is a big plus
- Deep understanding of the relevance of the asset department to ensure a smooth production workflow is a high advantage
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
The collective agreement for advertising and market communication is applied. Salary based on experience.
Because of the numerous applications we receive, you will be contacted only in case of a positive selection.
Please note that we can only consider applications from talents from the EU or with EU working permit which are willing to relocate and work on site.