Vienna, Austria & Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As the Character Supervisor you will work closely with the Art Director and CG Supervisor to set quality standards, identify potential strategies, assess technical options to meet the visual requirements and evaluate production schedules. You participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Preproduction and asset production.
Preproduction will take place in Vienna, Austria - the world’s most liveable city
Equipped with a hands-on mentality, you will conduct the creation of expressive characters, including the building up of topology, textures, shading and animation rigs.
- Teamwork is a virtue. You will lead a marvelous team of artists to craft integrated creature implementations that meet the technical and aesthetic requirements of the project.
- You will supervise a Character Team composed of modelers, riggers, texture painters and look development artists in the production of a complete character, providing both artistic and technical mentorship.
- As an excellent supervisor, you will oversee the creation of a variety of characters and prop rigs for animation and deformation.
- You will actively participate in building technical standards and conventions in creature implementations, including standards for directory structure, file and node naming and versioning.
For the open position as a Character Supervisor you will bring
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 3 years
- Strong leadership skills with a solution driven mindset
- Deep understanding of technical needs to define the production requirements
- Experience in production of characters is required
- Experience in Character grooming and cloth dynamics is a big plus
- Proven technical knowledge of Maya is required, knowledge of Houdini is a high advantage
- Deep understanding of the relevance of the asset department to ensure a smooth production workflow is a high advantage
- Ability to delegate and empower your team
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.