Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film, we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As Rigger, you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor to implement rigs to our biped, quadruped, birds, and props with creativity, precision, responsibility and an eye for detail.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria
- As a Rigging Artist, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining a smooth and efficient rig for CG assets. Your position requires a strong understanding of CG pipelines, production methods, and technical skills.
- Creating high quality rigging and skinning for CG models
- Work closely with the Rigging Supervisor to maintain and extend the rigging code base and create ideas for new rigging systems and modules
- Expect a variety of tasks ranging from:
- New rig modules for animals or creatures including quadrupeds and birds
- Elaborate costumes and props for characters
- Adjust and polish existing rigs
- Collaborate with the asset department and the animation team to develop the most suitable rigging solutions
- Be able to flag and solve potential problems to stay on schedule
- For the open position as Rigging Artist you will bring:
- Ability to appropriate to an existing rigging structure and codebase
- Strong experience in Python is mandatory
- You feel responsible and own high quality standards for this crucial part of the production
- A thorough understanding of physics and anatomy
- A good understanding of 3D animation workflows and the ability to work towards an animators point of view is essential
- Full working proficiency in Autodesk Maya is required
- Additional skills in pipeline or animation tools is a plus
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 1 years is a valuable plus
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
The collective agreement for advertising and market communication is applied. Salary based on experience.
Because of the numerous applications we receive, you will be contacted only in case of a positive selection.
Please note that we can only consider applications from talents from the EU or with EU working permit which are willing to relocate and work on site.